Friday, February 20, 2009

Need More Gas

SCORE! Just got some Mirrodin for the ULCs off (not-so-in-this-instance) EvilBay. Someone had put together 36 loose boosters and was selling them at a really nice price as a not-quite-a-real-booster-box booster box. I am really happy to get some Mirrodin because it offers some great cards without having too much color-commitment, which will obviously help out in the ULCs.

Speaking of this, I still want to collect out-of-print sets that aren't in the pile yet. I really want to get a-hold of Ravnica block because of the presence of a decent amount of multi-colored legends. I think my next post will be about the limited nature of the card pools and the availability of Generals. For now I just have one request - if you read this blog and know know of or see any good deals on Magic sets not in the ULC, please let me know so I can grab them up. There are ten ULCs and so a booster box works great (with a little left over for me to paw at).

I'm also excited because my playsets of commons and uncommons from Conflux just came in. For about $30 you just can't go wrong, especially with such high-priced uncommons in the set. Just Path To Exile is worth nearly half of my outlay for the playsets. This way I don't have to dig into the ULCs when I NEED four of a certain common or uncommon. Just Rares if I really have to. I don't really want to, but will do so if needed. Yes, I made a catalog of the rares in case I ever need to pilfer from them. And while this might give me a smidge of an idea what any given ULC made deck might be packing rare-wise, I really am not trying to remember too heavily, just to keep things interesting for me.

Happy Friday and all that. We are out and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment