Friday, February 27, 2009

Tomorrow Is Always A Day Away

Some rapdid-fire thoughts and updates:

Tomorrow we gather and sling the cardboard for great justice! Take off every Zur! I hope to have a good review of how the LEDH experiment went for the first time out. I will also try to introduce the play group as it currently exists.

Ah, the excitement builds. I just sleeved up a hastily, very unfocused BGW EDH deck. Not sure if I want to go cheesy and run Doran as general or use Teneb. Those are my only general choices for that color combination unless I go with a five color legend. If I do that, I won't be able to resist a redesign to utilize those extra colors.

My next design for a multi-player deck involves casting Conflux on the cheap and then going near-infinite with it. I love breaking crap mythics! I'll let you know how the Mayael deck turns out.

Wall of Reverence seems like a really good multi-player card. And like most cards that work well with Doran, it really works well with Doran. Duh!

I ordered fancy sleeves to use with the LEDH decks and they won't arrive in time. Bummer.

I scored great prices on some Fifth Dawn and Ravnica boosters to add to the ULCs - very cool.

Looks like I'll only get three other folks tomorrow. I was hoping for more, but it should be pretty good with four of us. With one other person who might normally make it, that would make five fairly-regulars to play at least once a month. That will be nice. I may be able to play one or two Thursday or Fridays as well. Thursdays would be casual stuff and Fridays would likely be FNMs. I would kinda like one of those Cryptic Commands but I've got a long way to go.

I have to bug Tom to get a mention on Monday Night Magic this week, seeing as it didn't get in last week. It would be nice if some people were reading this. Which reminds me, I have to email Bennie Smith, he might be interested and might give it a mention. I think he has some readership.

High five on the fly-by!

No comments:

Post a Comment